As previously mentioned the original courgette recipe post was too big and difficult to read, so I’ve broken it down into individual posts for each recipe. Here’s the recipe for Ratatouille
1 tbsp olive oil
1 garlic clove
2 large tomatoes
1 red onion
Half a red pepper
Half a yellow pepper
Half a small courgette
Half a small aubergine
1 bay leaf
A sprig of fresh thyme
1. Begin by chopping all of the vegetables into small bite size pieces.
2. Heat the olive oil in a pan then add the onion and crushed garlic and cook together until softened
3. Add the vegetables with the thyme and bay leaf and leave to cook until the vegetables begin to soften.
4. Add the tomatoes and continue to cook until the vegetables are completely tender.
5. Finally, remove the thyme and bay leaf before blitzing into a puree. If too thick, add water.
As you can see I froze our ratatouille for Isla for when we began weaning. I put it all into ice cube trays, as when babies are young, the amount in an ice cube tray is the perfect amount to get them started on.
This post contains affiliate links