Dear Isla Bear
Dear Isla Bear
Now that you are one I thought I would write a list of all the little things that you do that make me laugh. Or drive me insane! They are the things that make you you. They show off your quirky personality, and they are moments that I want to remember in many years to come. So often you forget the little things in life.
So here is my list of Isla Bear:
- You love shredding tissues! You will grab huge handfuls of tissues out of the box, and sit there and shred them one by one. Dropping tiny pieces on the floor. Occasionally you will then decide to eat them too!
- You love to sit in the hallway, and go through the recycling box. You empty everything out all over the floor. Again, you like to tear up anything in there you can, and eat bits. Certain plastic bits get chewed on…obviously still taste a little bit of food!
- Sandwiches! If I give you bread and ham separately, you will refuse to eat them. If we make it into a sandwich for you (I say we, because it’s actually Daddy that usually makes your sandwiches!) you will pull it apart and eat all the bits separately! It makes no sense Isla Bear!
- Talking of sandwiches. If you have peanut butter, or on occasion nutella or jam on sandwiches or crumpets you will eat the top of it first, and if you’re still hungry at the end you will then eat the bread!
- You laugh at the strangest of things! The other day you laughed so much when I said ‘hat’ and ‘scarf’ that you gave yourself hiccups. I’m not sure what is funny about these words….maybe the though of Winter clothing in Spring??
- When you are happy, you scrunch up your face, bear your teeth, and bounce up and down. When Daddy was watching the snooker the other week you did this when Steve Davis came on the TV…I think you may be the only person who has ever done this!
- When Daddy comes home from work and I hear his keys in the door I say to you “Who’s this? Who can you see?” And you look towards the door, and clasps your hands together in excitement while you wait for him to come into the room, and then you give him a huge smile. It is so wonderful to watch!
- If you have done something naughty, or hurt me in some way (usually biting me!) I say “Oh dear, we don’t do X, because of Y. Oh dear” And then you give me a kiss as if to apologise and make things better….either that or you’re well versed in manipulation at a very early age!
- You LOVE clapping! For quite a while if we encouraged you to clap, then you would just grab our hands and bang them together making us clap instead of clapping yourself. Now though you have learnt to do it yourself, and when we say “Well done” if you have done something clever then you clap yourself! You also know to clap when singing “If you’re happy and you know it clap your hands”
- You are so nosey. You love to peer round corners to see what is going on in another room if you can’t quite see from where you are!
- You love to lean against things at the moment. You crawl over to door frames and chairs and just lean against them. It is quite amusing when you lean against the foot rest though, as it slides away and you go splat (I know I shouldn’t laugh, but it is funny!)
So these are just a few of the über cute things you do at the moment my dear Isla Bear that make me laugh and drive me mad on occasion too!
What things do/did your little ones do that you want to remember in years to come?