So I decided to post my courgette recipes all individually as the original post was so big. Hopefully this will make the recipes easier to find and read.
So here’s my recipe for Courgette Cake. You can find more courgette recipes over on this post if you also have a glut of courgettes!
400g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
300g caster sugar
100g Demerara sugar
3 beaten eggs
200ml sunflower oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
380g courgettes, grated with skins on
75g chopped walnuts
Two 13x23cm loaf tins
1. Preheat the oven to 150 C (300 F) gas mark 2.
2. Butter or oil and flour the loaf tins. (Or alternatively you could use cake liners like I do)
3. In large bowl, sift flour, salt, bicarbonate, baking powder and spices. Add both sugars and stir well to mix.
4. Add beaten eggs, oil, vanilla extract and grated courgettes to the dry ingredients and mix well until combined.
5. Add walnuts, mix in and divide the mixture between the two loaf tins.
6. Bake in the middle of the oven for 1-1 and 1/4 hours or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool in the tins for about 20 mins before turning out onto cooling rack.
Wrapped tightly in cling film these loaves will keep well for up to 10 days. It also freezes well.
This post contains affiliate links