Chocolate Courgette Loaf Cake
As I mentioned, I felt that the initial post I’d written was too big and difficult to find the recipes. So I’ve written a post for each recipe. So here is my recipe for Chocolate Courgette Loaf Cake.
200g golden caster sugar
200g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
50g ground almonds
200g courgette, grated, skin on
100g 70% cocoa chocolate, melted (in a bowl over a pan of simmering water)
1.Heat the oven to 180 C/160 C fan/Gas 4.
2. Lightly oil the base and sides of a 900g/2 lb loaf tin and line with non-stick baking parchment. (Or do what I do, and use cake tin liners)
3. Cream together the margarine and golden caster sugar until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs and 2 tbsp flour and beat well.
4. Sift in the remaining flour and fold together thoroughly with the almonds and courgette.
5. Finally stir in the melted chocolate then spoon into the prepared tin. Level the top with the back of the spoon and bake for 60 minutes until well risen.
6. To test if it’s cooked, insert a metal skewer into the centre of the cake – if it comes out clean, it’s ready, if not return to the oven for a bit longer.
7. Allow to cool in the tin for 15 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely
This post includes affiliate links